Welcome to the Republican Policy Group
What is the Group?
The Republican Minority Caucus is convening a Policy Group to study various spending issues in state government.
Why are House Republicans creating a Policy Group?
Rhode Island's state budget, having swollen by $1 billion, over the past two years, now stands at $8.6 billion. The level of spending places us as the 5th highest taxed state in the country and creates a difficult burden on individual tax payers and our business climate, alike. This is especially true, when the dollars taken by government are wasted or abused.
What are the Policy Group's Goals?
- To research spending issues and reveal wasteful practices
- To encourage the state's management to operate effectively and efficiently.
- To reallocate tax money that is currently being used poorly or fraudulently
- To encourage a stronger economic environment and reduce taxes for our beleaguered taxpayers.
- To increase voter knowledge of important state issues and promote civic participation.
How can I learn more?
The first meeting of the Republican Policy Group was Monday, February 23rd in the House Minority Office, Room 104 in the State House. All meeting notes and PowerPoint presentations will be posted.